Southern Yacht

My little take on plus size fashion, life, travel and smurfs

Thursday 6 October 2016

Jumping on the tutu train

Hello there,

I did it - I bought a tutu skirt!

I've been looking at them for months and months. Even though I loved them, I wasn't sure they were me. I don't seem to be a floral, pastel loving person lately so didn't think a tutu would work for me. Plus I'm super fussy, I didn't want them too short, too pooffy, too many layers of tulle...you get the idea!

That is until I saw this blog post from the Lovely Leah. Here was a black tutu from La Redoubt. Not a sugar sweet one, but a lovely dark colour perfect for all year. There was even a grey available, but they were pricey so I decided to be good and save my pennies (it's no fun being good!). Then when Leah gave us the heads up that they were in the sale - that was it. The grey one was mine.




I'm trying to show all the layers here- honest! There's a beautiful spotted top layer, an inner mesh layer and a finally the lining.


I know this shot is whited out (the sun made a rare appearance) but I love how my hair looks and how happy I am prancing up and down the garden.


I think there's going to be so many ways to style this. Today I teamed it with a Primark top, but I think this would be so easy to dress up for the evening.

Thanks for reading - and have you jumped on the tutu train yet?

Cathy
xx

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I absolutely love this look and the skirt is just gorgeous on you! I nearly bought this x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig